Saturday, June 12, 2021

My father: the complete man

It is with profound grief that I announce that on 1st June,  my father, Mr. Rajesh Kapoor passed on to his heavenly abode  Here I am penning down some thoughts about him.

How do you describe a person who represented your whole life? There was a Raymond advertisement a few years ago : the complete man. That was my father. The complete man. In style, personality, kindness and relations.

In my childhood, I saw him being the perfect son. Every  single weekend, we  would visit my grandparents. He would be there for them for all occasions good and bad. 
I saw him being a wonderful brother and husband as I grew up.

And we come to me.  
I, being the only child was extra special to him. He took me for all exams, interviews. Every single one, even MTech, PhD and interviews! And he would wait there. He encouraged me to study, to work. He motivated me. He was my guide, adviser, doctor, teacher, friend, role model and so much more.

He had so many close friends: close, so very close. He knew exactly what each his kids did and where they wete settled and then the little anecdotes which he would regale. He would give advise to all regarding health, career and education. 

He was a retired IFS officer who was very dedicated to his work and an exceptional orator and leader. He travelled the world and touched the hearts of people everwhere. He was there to set up the first embassy in South Africa when apartheid ended. He took us all over the world: Canada, Bangladesh, South Africa, Mauritius, USA and in between. He has friends everywhere.

He was loved amongst  friends, colleagues, neighbours. He knew  all guards, workers and their families. He would switch off the RO at night so that the old neighbours would not get disturbed! 
He of course was never old. He learnt the latest video games from my son and played. 2 years ago trecked to Lal Tibba in Mussourie with us.

He loved our child, his granchild and took care of him. He would bring from school, wait while he played and then take for all kinds of juices: coconut water, sugarcane juice and others. He helped him cycle and raced with him.

He somehow always made time for all: family and friends and never once was busy for me. He was a giver, adviser and doer. He loved music, homeopathy and astrology.

He was stylish and loved all good things of life. He was fun, funny and full of energy. 

On his last day, he talked to so many friends, happily mentioning that he would walk soon and meet them.

He is missed so very much.

No comments: