Monday, December 09, 2019

Wanderlust

I have never believed in bucketlists but sometimes life shows you a face that tells a different story. If there are things one would regret not doing, they need to be done sooner rather than later. That is NOW. 
And it is now that the wanderlust bug has bitten me badly. There is so much I want to see. Some as solo trips, some as family, some with kid, some with partner and some with friends. But most importantly, at least some of these trips, I NEED to experience.  It's scary to enlist this and get further caught with the flow but here it is.
My current list includes: 

England: London, High Tea, literary walk
Scotland: Edinburg
Ireland  (maybe)
Denmark
Italy: Rome, Florence, Venice
France: Paris, Nice,
Greece: Santorini, ...
Norway
Istanbul: Turkey
Dubai
Bali
Netherland
Japan
All states and union territories of India at least once

 Some others:

Any one Disneyland or maybe even 2.
A revisit to Vegas 
New York (Manhattan)
Hawai, Miami, Honollulu, Big Sur
Revisit to SA/Canada(maybe)
Germany(maybe)
England: Stay with an old English lady 
Take a short course somewhere
Order food in other languages ....
Maybe also Eastern side: Hungary/Budepast/Vienna/Prague

Egypt? (Less so)
Maybe...One of Mayasia/Maldives etc...near last choices
‐-----------
I hope to do substantial from this list in next 10/20 years. It may not be all or even close to all. I hope to take this lister as a pointer and initial point and then develop further based on experiences. It could be few or more or just a couple. There have been many others earlier for which I am grateful. I hope when I go it remains magical and is always more than a list. A city needs to be imbibed, not viewed. And we can each have a diffetent window to the same place and a see slightly different view.

Why do I need this? Because travel imparts knowledge and growth beyond measurable ways. Because it broadens your viewpoint. Because I want to. Because....well just because!

No comments: