Sunday, December 01, 2019

Epiphany: it's me

So many times in life, we come across situations which are like crisscrosses, where we don't know the right path. For the longest time, I used to hope to go to someone to just get those answers. At first it would be the wisest or the closest ones. They know you best and can advise clearly, logically. But with time, sometimes one may still not get convinced. Because there can be too many unexpressible questions or different opinions amongst them or even a non judgement/non-opinion. And what is right for one may be wrong for another. Maybe that is why people have "gurus". But then I doubt they discuss with them their day to day situations.

Recently, in one such situation, I was confused, overthinking and looking for a validation for an answer, to make sure it was the right decision. And it wasn't even a very big decision. That's when I had an epiphany. It's me. Noone besides myself can provide me with those answers to me or at least that final validation. Because it needs to be right to me,  for me first. Even if it seems right to everyone else, till my mind validates, it will not let me be convinced. And if it is right to me then I can go ahead with a clear conscience. And somtimes it's ok to " doubt ones doubts". Not over analyse a decision. Just let it happen.

It  may not seem momentous but was a big realization for me. After years and years of wondering, to finally know that the answer was within me.



No comments: