Sunday, January 02, 2011

A new year....as everyday life continues to be a new kind of miracle

A new year is a time to start on a clean slate. A time to learn from  the past follies and mistakes. A time to reflect upon them and move ahead.
And I really used to rejoice in that.
Yet this time, I don't reflect, I don't analyse. I just accept .
I don't want to move ahead. I want revel in the moment. And re-live it again and again.
Life was scary and suddenly , like a miracle, it all worked out.
And I didn't dare wonder why.
Because it seemed something like winning a lucky draw. But as I think about it now, I feel it was more like the feeling a stonecutter gets when his hundred blow actually works. A consistent effort, even if little, does yield results eventually I guess.
Life never stays perfect of course and I still have my share of ups and downs, but it's different now. Like I know that it DOES work out in the end. Like after witnessing a miracle.  Emotions swirl but there is a kind of fearlessness that stays.


There is also a pang as this year I experienced the fragility of life and loss.


I could very easily say that this has been the biggest year of my life. In so many ways it's true. But I also know each of those earlier years was special  and enriching in its own unique way.


Maybe that's all life really is. A bundle of experiences for us to learn from.


Ohhh! My blog will get boring if this is all I keep writing about!
But hey! I know there are going to be million new and very interesting experiences(and thus reflections) this year and I am looking forward to them and learning from them, sharing them.For now though, let me remain in this inertia.


A very happy new year to all.

No comments: